This job opening is syndicated from careers page of CRIMSON INTERACTIVE.
BE an indispensable part of the newest and the most cutting-edge research in the field of biosciences that is setting the world ablaze! Come aboard to set sail the most inspiring to the most intimidating of scientific thought in world famous peer-reviewed journals.
If you wish to be privy to ground breaking ideas that will shape the face of current and future research in the field of biosciences in disciplines ranging from botany to zoology, microbiology to biotechnology, and cell biology to genetics, and hone your English language editing skills, this is the job for you!
Calling all interested candidates who are strongly inclined towards research trends in the bio scientific world and academic editing and seek to be part of the dynamic and constantly progressing academic publishing industry. We offer deserving candidates an established platform to learn the know-how of scholarly publishing, edit academic papers across varied topics in the field of biosciences and work in a multi-cultural environment with people from diverse nations such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Germany, Brazil and Turkey and diverse fields including medicine, biosciences, humanities, economics and engineering.
We offer you a platform that boasts an excellent brand name, top-notch visibility in the academic publishing industry, and an opportunity to learn as you work and grow with us professionally.
Come, be part of an organization that believes in constant employee engagement, professional growth, and superlative appreciation for the deserving candidates.
We are currently hiring.
Edit and double check manuscripts to ensure an error-free output in order to meet international standards of publication
Academic Research Editor
- Good subject area knowledge and the curiosity to delve deeper into existing and upcoming scientific concepts.
- Excellent English language skills and grammar concepts, and the ability to identify and rectify punctuation errors.
Candidates with prior editorial experience will be preferred.
An error-free publication to meet international standards of publication and catering to the defined target audience: the author(s), the publisher, and the readers.
The editor acts as the author’s second pair of eyes, rectifying punctuation errors and document-specific inconsistencies; loopholes or infelicities of grammar, usage, and syntax; and errors or inconsistencies in content. The purpose is to provide a document devoid of any language and grammar errors that put the meaning across in lucid language.
If you like alliterative mnemonic devices, you can conceive of an editor’s chief concerns as comprising the ‘4 Cs’–clarity, coherency, consistency, and correctness in service of the ‘Cardinal C’: communication.
- Life Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- PhD/Postgraduate and above degree in any one or more of the above subject areas
- Passion and curiosity to edit English academic papers
- Effective editing, writing, and communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail and readiness to learn constantly
- Ability to mentor junior editors
- Effective time management skills
- Dedicated client focus with the aim to deliver impeccable quality on time
- Published scholarly papers in academic journals
- Ability to follow a publication’s guidelines (style manual, handbook, etc.)
- Good online search and information verification skills
- Passionate about learning while working with language
- Prior editing experience
- Ability to take on responsibilities beyond defined role
- Knowledge of the STM industry