Syndicated From The careers page of crimson Interactive. The Job Location will be in Malad West, Mumbai.
ENGLISH RESEARCH EDITOR- FICTION AND NON-FICTION EDITING, CRITICAL APPRECIATION MANUSCRIPTS, ACADEMIC ARTICLES WRITTEN BY RENOWNED AUTHORS AND CRITICS
Language is not the message but the means to delivering it. The art of perfecting someone’s language is an art most sought after.
Academic editing is a rapidly progressing field that involves collaboration between subject matter knowledge with a ready passion to perfect English language to ensure that the desired message is delivered in clear and crisp language, devoid of any jargon. If you wish to sharpen your English language editing skills and learn more about the dynamics of language in disciplines ranging from linguistics to performing arts, philosophy to theology, and psychology to anthropology, this is the job for you.
Calling all postgraduate candidates who are passionately inclined towards English editing as a profession and making a future in the dynamic and constantly progressing academic publishing industry. We offer deserving candidates a platform to learn the know-how of scholarly publishing, edit academic papers across varied topics and work in a multi-cultural environment with people from diverse nations such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Germany, Brazil and Turkey and diverse fields including medicine, biotechnology, economics and engineering.
We offer you a platform that boasts an excellent brand name, top-notch visibility in the academic publishing industry, and an opportunity to learn as you work and grow with us professionally.
Come, be part of an organization that believes in constant employee engagement, professional growth, and superlative appreciation for the deserving candidates.
We are currently hiring.
Edit and double check manuscripts to ensure an error-free output in order to meet international standards of publication
Academic Research Editor
- Good subject area knowledge and the curiosity to delve deeper into existing and upcoming concepts in the field of humanities.
- Excellent English language skills and grammar concepts, and the ability to identify and rectify punctuation errors.
Candidates with prior editorial experience will be preferred.
An error-free publication to meet international standards of publication and catering to the defined target audience: the author(s), the publisher, and the readers.
The editor acts as the author’s second pair of eyes, rectifying punctuation errors and document-specific inconsistencies; loopholes or infelicities of grammar, usage, and syntax; and errors or inconsistencies in content. The purpose is to provide a document devoid of any language and grammar errors that put the meaning across in lucid language.
If you like alliterative mnemonic devices, you can conceive of an editor’s chief concerns as comprising the ‘4 Cs’–clarity, coherency, consistency, and correctness in service of the ‘Cardinal C’: communication.
- Political Science
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- PhD/Postgraduate and above degree in any one or more of the above subject areas
- Passion and curiosity to edit English academic papers
- Effective editing, writing, and communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail and readiness to learn constantly
- Ability to mentor junior editors
- Effective time management skills
- Dedicated client focus with the aim to deliver impeccable quality on time
- Published scholarly papers in academic journals
- Ability to follow a publication’s guidelines (style manual, handbook, etc.)
- Good online search and information verification skills
- Passionate about learning while working with language
- Prior editing experience
- Ability to take on responsibilities beyond defined role
- Knowledge of the STM industry
Contact Team Human Resources, Phone: +91-22-61935078/79/80, Email: email@example.com
Company website: http://www.crimsoni.com/