The Marketing Manager/ Senior Manager is responsible to plan the marketing strategy and mix, media planning and buying, budgeting and handle their execution for the Hollywood film slate. This includes marketing at a consumer, trade and media level, for India, under the direction of and to support the Marketing Director. The position will handle all the pre-launch, launch and post-launch brand building to ensure the successful roll-out of Sony’s multiple film offerings across the Hollywood film slate.
- Help to build efficient, effective and innovative marketing plans (across regions) for each individual film. This would include specific creative campaigns (in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu), media buying, grass root promotions, barters and marketing in conjunction with the Marketing Director.
- Promotional Tie Ups: Responsible for identifying promotional tie ups opportunities to help generate media value for the movies.
- Merchandise development: Conceptualization of merchandise for relevant films, and coordinating with vendors to get the items produced within the budget restrictions.
- Market & Competition analysis: Carry out detailed market study of the industry, analyse the latest market trends, track competitor activities and provide valuable inputs for the marketing strategy of our films.
- Work with the media agency and directly with media on effective buying and barter deals for each film.
- Budgeting/Financial control: keep a close eye on costs and maintain systems and procedures to practise impeccable financial management and payments to suppliers
Desired Skills and Experience
- MBA in Marketing
- 10-12 years of marketing experience in the categories of media, entertainment, FMCG, Telecom or advertising.
- Past experience in planning and rolling out multiple-media marketing campaigns.
- Major role but not the final authority. Managing budgets at multiple levels dependant on the scale of release of the film.
Must have a detailed and experienced understanding of the theatrical business along with knowledge in the following areas:
- Sound fundamentals in marketing strategy, brand building and implementation skills. Understanding of film marketing and creative strategy from a big picture view in order to align media and brand promotions strategies with the overall film strategy.
- Understanding of media basics, planning and buying across all media.
- Promotional partnerships – brand, media, retail and cinema promotions.
- Some knowledge of the local film market and international marketplace practices and cultures would be ideal.
- Passion and appreciation for movies are preferred.
- Presentations and pitching – both verbal and written.
- Creative thinking and ability to stay on strategy at all times.
- Planning and organizing skills: The ability to plan ahead, be mindful of deadlines and manage a variety of projects at the same time. A good eye for detail is required.
- Budget and financial monitoring and planning.
- Team playing & Negotiation skills
- Working with diverse personalities across external and internal stake-holders/clients.
- High levels of energy, commitment, strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent in relation management.
- Knowledge of the of exhibition end of the business is preferred.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and be highly organized.
Interested candidates are invited to send your detailed CV, current and expected salary, and notice period to email@example.com