About the Company
FEVER 104…Its all about the music. FEVER 104 is the new sound in town, launched by Hindustan Times Media Limited in association with Virgin radio. A vibrant, slightly irreverent, cheeky, youthful, creative, clean & pure radio brand. We play non-stop music for 40 minutes with all the listener’s favorite contemporary hits, in English and Hindi, packed in. What’s more there is less talk, fewer ads and really exciting on air promotions. It’s really all about the music.
Purpose of Role
Create the radio station’s products in line with the strategic aims of the radio station via break through concepts and innovation on air.
- Develop and implement a strategy for the program, focused on market leadership
- Develop new external relationships, new talent, new concepts which will deliver distinctive commercial programming concepts, innovation on air.
- Strategize and implement new ideas for the Station in cost effective ways.
- Provide creative direction on the areas of formats/genres, on air look, over all brand consistency and ideating for shows that are aligned to the brand image of the Station
- Develop partnerships with artists & other content providers to create content.
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Promotions team to maximize revenue generation
- Write commercial and promotional copy if required to support the station’s sales, marketing and promotional efforts
- Assist the PD to plan the most effective program schedule for the station
- Choose, source and research guests and material for programme content
- Resolve scheduling issues
- Ensure response to listeners’ comments and questions
- Assist On Air Presenters with their shows.
- Assisting presenter during competitions by answering calls, checking on mechanics and co-ordinating with programming co-ordinator
- Since their main allegiance is towards the show they produce, the following should be added:
- Plan the show content a day in advance / show skeleton a week in advance
- Brief the RJ on important happenings of the day (10-pointer sheet)
- Produce any elements required for the show
- Monitor the respective show / competition on a daily basis and submit a weekly report for the same
- Some experience in commercial music radio of which 1-2 years in a similar profile.
- Sharp intellect and hands on leadership style.
- Clear understanding of the Target audience and a passion for the same. Must be passionate and at ease with Radio as a medium and must genuinely enjoy mainstream mass entertainment.
- Ability to create and develop a team that nurtures creativity. Should be a team player.
- Basic knowledge of radio station operations and procedures – in programming, promotions, production, sound processing etc.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with different personalities.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
At least graduation and 2-3 years commercial music radio experience