LinkedIn is looking for a journalist or blogger with a passion for what’s happening in technology and startups to oversee content for that field.
The candidate will be joining a global team of editors who help curate, create and cultivate the content that flows through LinkedIn.
As India’s editor focusing on technology, you’ll concentrate on explaining the changes happening in information technology, startups, venture capital and beyond. And you’ll have amazing tools to do this: Your posts will reach the largest collection of professionals ever assembled – on and off LinkedIn; your curated headlines from trade and national press will reach the right targeted audience; and the professionals you cultivate in the industry- from CEOs to those just getting started — will develop their voices and reach an audience hungry for their insights.
The editor should have experience editing and/or reporting on technology and startups; a strong news sense; excellent (and fast) writing skills; a great ear for stories that others should write; and, most importantly, an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate is as interested in shaping a product as shaping a story.
The position is based in Bangalore, working with teammates in New York, London, Munich, Paris, San Francisco, and Sao Paulo.
- Write regular posts offering insight into the interesting and ever changing world of startups
- Curate India’s Tech and Startups channel in Pulse and for your industry-relevant followers every day;
- Forge relationships with top executives, analysts, entrepreneurs and publishers to make sure their content is feeding into LinkedIn;
- Assist in handling relationships with Influencers and publishers to make sure their content is feeding into LinkedIn
- Help oversee part of the daily news experience for LinkedIn;
- Generate analysis on what’s working and what’s not, and come up with ways to increase engagement through content;
- Speak at industry events/panels/TV etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in writing and editing
- Experience in journalism (with business journalism and online media preferred)
- Business fluent in English
- Familiarity with the Indian and global tech industry
- Experience with original and curated news
- Experience in dealing with business leaders
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills
- Ability to shape products and stories
- Ability to deal with top people in various fields
- Experience with business journalism
- Experience in online media