MSN Media, a Venture owned by Microsoft Corporation is looking for Editorial members (Content Editors) in Mumbai. The work location will be in Delhi.
Job Title: senior Editor (Content)
Job ID: 951852
Work Location: Delhi
Editorial Vacancy (Content Editor) in Microsoft | Job Description; Apply Now
Microsoft is looking for candidates with 6-8 years of digital journalism experience to help drive daily content programming for its website (www.msn.com) and its apps across platforms. This is a unique opportunity for talented and innovative digital journalists to be a part of a team that’s innovating in the field of consumer content.
These candidates will be required to work with a team of editors handling various genres to produce an extremely high quality of content programming to engage and delight users, as well as support a variety of business objectives. Ability and experience to produce/implement audience-focused content initiatives are key attributes of this role. Familiarity with online content publishing tools is a must, as is experience in working with technology teams.
Our products cater to dozens of countries globally. Our media products are updated around the clock, so you can expect to cover a variety of shifts – mornings, evenings and weekends – but as per a transparent roster. You’ll also be required to work with editors across different time zones.
These positions are based in New Delhi / NCR.
The candidates should have experience in handling a variety of content genres across digital platforms. An experience of working in television and digital newsrooms will be a big differentiator.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of working in a fast-paced, creative environment with a team of content editors/producers.
• Proven ability to choose from a wide range of stories and select those that offer the greatest currency and the deepest relevance with an unbiased and objective narration of the facts.
• A keen understanding of the best, most elegant writing offered by high-quality news outlets.
• Solid journalistic skills and strong knowledge of news/lifestyle topics of interest to an international audience.
• Attention to detail, an appreciation for strong visual presentation and a passion for editorial excellence.
• Ability to work with all kinds of content genres like text, pictures, graphics and videos.
• Extremely good knowledge of engaging with the audiences on social platforms.
• Sound knowledge of SEO
• Ability to work with tight deadlines across a variety of shifts/days
Key responsibilities include:
• Adopting and running editorial projects that can cater to a variety of markets.
• Determining the right content mix from partners across a variety of general interest news, finance, sports, entertainment & lifestyle topics.
• Creation of headlines and abstracts for promoting the contents across all entry points within the MSN network and social media platforms.
• Programming across the content calendar while taking into account business priorities and determining the best way to achieve strong business results.
• Managing editorial process and workflow by adopting the content management system created by the company for this purpose.
• Working closely with technical teams when required to develop or enhance storytelling and publishing tools.
• 6 – 8 years of editorial experience in online/digital journalism, ideally aimed at a national audience.
• Ability to work across boundaries towards shared objectives; results-oriented; passion around immersive content experiences.
• Experience with and keen understanding of online publishing tools and content management systems.
• 3+ years of using metrics-reporting packages to inform content programming and forecasting.
• Degree in journalism, communications or related discipline preferred.
(Application will redirect to Company website)