Would you like to be part of the big data phenomenon that is shaping the future of business and commerce? Do numbers speak to you and do you like to dig for trends and patterns in whatever you observe? Then write to us. The News Analytics team is looking for energetic and focused individuals with 0–3 years’ of work experience. Candidates should possess excellent communication skills and good analytical ability. They should be willing to learn and explore, be eager to work with others and have the right attitude to be a team player. Candidates with a background in statistics/math are preferred. Some knowledge of financial news would be an added plus.
We are looking for a young, energetic, competent and committed individual to work within the Editorial News Analytics Team. The candidate will primarily be responsible for the line of work that looks at the day-to-day coordination of our competitor monitoring, benchmarking and associated analysis of the news-file. The role of a News Analyst will include, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• She/he should be a self-starter and be able to work independently as well as be a keen team player
• Should be able to work with our data vendors on a daily basis, keep open lines of communication with them and resolve any process or administrative queries
• Conduct periodic quality checks in accordance with our policies. Also provide timely resolution of queries from internal customers.
• Should have a keen eye to inspect data, spot trends and help with its analysis
• Can identify, assess and review data with a view to presenting strategic insights to senior management
• Be efficient at analyzing a brief/new requirements, build a process and deliver solutions
• Ensure that all daily reports/tasks are completed on a timely basis
Required skills and Education:
• Graduates from any stream (background in statistics/math is preferred)
• Excellent communication skills
• Should possess good analytical skills
• Intermediate MS Excel skills (pivots, charts etc.)
• Knowledge of data visualization tools is a plus but not mandatory (for e.g. Tableau)
• Ability to conceptualize and build templates to represent data
• Familiarity with SQL is a plus, but not mandatory
• Flexible and able to meet the changing demands of the business and projects
• Possess the right attitude to be a team player
• Sound knowledge of news and current affairs
• Knowledge of financial news would be an added advantage
• A demonstrable ability to assimilate new information thoroughly and quickly
• Proven ability to build and maintain process related documents
• Good sense of humor and the ability to work well under pressure
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.