Guvera, a Music App manufacturing company based in Australlia is looking to hire Music Journalist for the Mumbai Location.
Working as part of the Guvera editorial team and reporting to the relevant Guvera hub managers and editorial HQ, the Music Journalists will work with the wider Guvera team to determine the daily and weekly editorial direction for a selection of key music channels. They will then research, pitch and create both written and visual content for the Guvera app. A typical day in this role will entail first checking all relevant news outlets for what’s making headlines, what’s trending, etc, researching then pitching stories, creating and uploading content to the platform, planning and working on larger features and any other relevant task the hub manager and marketing manager sees fit.
Core skills and requirements:
- The Music Journalism Intern will have a degree in journalism or at least be studying a relevant subject at a recognised tertiary institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, being able to write in a range of different styles and possessing top-notch editing and sub-editing skills. The Music Journalism Intern should also be adept at interviewing people from many walks of life.
- Photography and /or videography skills, as well as content management experience, is highly desirable.
- An in-depth understanding of quality journalism and reporting. Able to translate an idea into a successful story with limited supervision.
- A solid grasp of the global music industry. A good list of industry contacts is highly desirable.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and office applications.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to meet frequent, tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours in order to cover events, concerts and festivals.
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of the larger team of music curators, sales people and marketing managers.
- Able to take constructive criticism on the chin, applying this knowledge to their work instantly.
- Open-mindedness with a passion for music and getting the job done to the highest standard.
- Ultimately, the Music Journalism Intern will live and breathe Guvera, and work alongside the rest of the team to take this new content launch to the top of the music and entertainment news pile.
- Willingness to travel from time to time.
The interested candidates for this music Journalist job can send their resume to ananya.amin (AT) guvera.com (Contact-in Person – Ananya)
Work Location: Mumbai
Company website: http://www.guvera.com/